Recipe by Sharon123
An easy and tasty little appetizer! Adapted from BG&H magazine. Pecans are grown in the South and also in Africa!
Top Review by Lalaloula
What a wonderful, easy to make, beautiful to look at and best of all super tasty appetiser recipe!!!!
Mmmm, the toasted pecans go so great with the tangy sour cream and mellow gouda cheese flavour. A perfect combination, that is sure to please everyone. With their elegant presentation these little nut sandwhiches are the perfect party snack. Ill surely make these again for my next buffet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this treat with us, Sharon!
Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #25 August 2010.
- 1 cup finely shredded gouda cheese (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 40 large pecan halves, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the pecans in a 325*F. oven for 10 minutes, then let cool.
- Bring shredded cheese to room temperature in a medium mixing bowl (allow 30 to 60 minutes). Add sour cream. Beat with an electric mixer until combined and mixture is creamy. Using a scant teaspoon for each, pipe or mound cheese mixture onto the flat side of half of the pecans. Top with remaining pecans, flat side down.
- Serves 10.
- Tip: To pipe the Gouda mixture onto the pecans, spoon the mixture into a self-sealing plastic bag and snip off a corner.