1/1 Photo of Cheese-Stuffed Pattypans
Our family loves both winter and summer squashes, so when I come across a squash recipe I try to save it. I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks good to me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Wash squash and slice off tops above scalloped edges; discard. Scoop out seeds from center and discard.
- 3Place squash shells in large skillet. Pour 1/4 inch of water into skillet; cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 5 minutes. Transfer squash, cut side up, to greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish with slotted spoon; set aside.
- 4Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until melted and bubbly. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add water and stuffing mix. Stir to absorb water. Stir in cheese. Spoon mixture into squash shells.
- 5Bake 20-30 minutes until squash is fork-tender and stuffing is lightly browned. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese-Stuffed Pattypans
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 275.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix