Recipe by Barefootjen
These were my moms recipe. Nice change from your traditional bread based stuffing . Always the first to go at get togethers!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt or pepper
- 25 large mushroom caps
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced thin (scallions)
Directions See How It's Made
- wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth. Dont wash with water. they already have enough water in them.
- Melt butter and garlic.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet round side up and brush with butter.
- Put under the broiler for a couple minutes. just until they start to look softened.
- Remove from oven turn over caps, drain pan and let cool.
- Mix together cream cheeze and scallion.
- Lightly salt and pepper caps then fill with mixture. Return to oven and broil until tops are browned.