Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sponsored by Progresso™.
Make and share this Cheese-Stuffed Mini Meat Loaves recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup Progresso Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 (18 ounce) can Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ fire roasted tomato cooking sauce
- 2 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (at least 93%)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (4 medium)
- Heat oven to 350°F In large bowl, stir bread crumbs and 1 cup of the cooking sauce until well mixed; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut twelve 1/2-inch pieces from cheese sticks (store remaining portion of cheese stick for another use). *Regular mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, can be substituted. Set aside. Add beef, egg, green onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to bread crumb mixture until well mixed.
- Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Divide beef mixture evenly among cups (cups will be very full). Push 1 piece of cheese into center of each loaf. Place muffin pan on cookie sheet to catch any spillover. Bake about 30 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of loaves in middle of muffin pan reads 160°F (outer loaves will be done sooner).
- Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce until hot. Immediately remove loaves from muffin pan; spoon heated sauce over loaves.