Recipe by serena in the kitchen
It's your basic meatloaf but kicked up! My husband hates meatloaf but when I make this he can't get enough!
Top Review by bet0625
This was a great meatloaf. I to followed the suggestion to just open up a hole in the middle fill it in with the cheese and then just close it up, seemed easier for me. Other then that folled it to the t. Thanks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 26 -28 ounces spaghetti sauce, ragu chunky garden style is what I recommend
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, however much desired
- wax paper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl mix beef, 1/3 cup of sauce,egg, and bread crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out wax paper on table and flatten mixture on it.
- Shape into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of cheese and parsley down center leaving 3/4 inch border.
- Then roll the meatloaf like a jelly roll tightly and be sure when rolling to pull the wax paper off.
- Press and seal the ends closed put in to pan.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes. Pour remaining sauce and cheese on top and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.