Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was tired of eating the same plan meatloaf, so I decided to give it a twist, and stuff it with cheese......
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion (white or yellow)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (hickory)
- 1⁄4 Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
topping for meatloaf
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pre heat over at 325°F.
- Mix ground beef, onion, garlic powder, eggs, bread crumbs bbq sauce, and worcestershire sauce together.
- Form into a loaf, place in a baking bag, and put it in a small roaster.
- Bake 1 hr, then pull loaf out of the baking bag and place on cookie sheet.
- Melt velveeta cheese on stove top, use low heat or it will burn.
- Cut the top of the meatloaf making a deep well. Keep it 1 whole piece.
- DO NOT scoop the meat out with a spoon, because the top will go back on the loaf.
- Pour the melted cheese in the meatloaf, and place the piece of hamburger back on the meatloaf.
- Mix together the sauce, and pour over meatloaf.
- Place back in the over for 20 to 30 minutes.