Recipe by CoffeeB
Make sure you make enough so you can freeze half for later; another Gooseberry Patch favorite!!
Top Review by mums the word
Although I liked the taste of this meatloaf, I found the texture to be too mushy. Before making the recipe, I did read all reviews and decided to heed the advice of Wicked Cook and I reduced the sauce as she did. I drained the fat from the meatloaf several times and then spread 1/4 c sauce over the top. When it was done cooking, I tented the dish with foil for 10 minutes and then cut it. It did not hold together well, but again, I think it is because there is too much liquid in the meat mixture. (My package of ground beef was close to 1 3/4 lbs). If I make this again, I would try using only 1/2 C sauce in the meat mixture. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 15 ounces spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, one cup spaghetti sauce, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Divide meat mixture into thirds.
- Spread 1/3 in the bottom of an ungreased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Cover with half of the Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Spread meatloaf with reserved sauce.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.