Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very easy to make. I started making this when I was 7 years old. Do not cook noodles prior to stuffing. Kids and adults both love this recipe.
- 15 large manicotti (do not boil)
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 9 1⁄2 ounces Prego spaghetti sauce (traditional)
- 1 cup water
- cream cheese (optional)
- garlic (optional)
- basil (optional)
- onion (optional)
- In medium bowl combine ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stuff shells by repeatedly twisting uncooked noodles against the bottom of the bowl.
- Place stuffed manicotti in 9x13 inch pan. (Leave one shell empty from box in order to accommodate all manicotti into pan).
- In small bowl empty jar of Prego.
- Fill empty Prego jar with about 1 cup of water and shake to grab remaining sauce from jar and pour into bowl.
- Stir sauce then pour over manicotti noodles.
- Cover with foil and freeze.
- Heat oven to 375. Cook for 45 minutes covered and 15 minutes uncovered.