I made this from a combinations of multiple recipes. Hope you like my version!
Make and share this Cheese Stuffed Manicotti in Meat Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil; add salt if desired. Place noodles in water and boil for 9 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water to prevent sticking.
- While noodles are boiling, brown meat in a large skillet. Drain and add spaghetti sauce; set simmer for 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, 1 cup mozzarella, half of the ricotta, parmesan and seasonings.
- Pour a layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, using half of what you have.
- Using a spoon or piping bag, fill the noodles with the cheese mixture and place on top of sauce. Spread remaining ricotta on top and layer with remaining sauce and mozzarella. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes.
This recipe is always a hit! I usually use ground turkey or sausage instead of ground beef ... sausage is probably my favorite because it has more flavor. I have made this multiple times and it always turns out great!
I chose this recipe for the Fall 06 PAC event. I'd never made manicotti before, so this was new for me. We all liked it a lot. I especially like the idea of using meat in ths sauce for this dish. I used about 2/3 pound of ground turkey, seasoned with allspice and worcest. sauce(my usual replacement for ground beef). It was a little awkward filling the noodles, I'm sure I'll get better with practice. I used a ziplock bag to pipe the mixture in, but I think a real piping bag would be easier. We will enoy this again.