Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Contributed by Lori (mom of 4)
- 1 (20 ounce) package manicotti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used fresh, not dehydrated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried parsley (I used Italian seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Mix together all ingredients except spaghetti sauce and water.
- Stuff uncooked manicotti shell with cheese mixture.
- Pour half of the sauce in baking dish.
- Place filled shells on sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- To serve: Thaw, bake covered for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Then
- uncovered for and additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle some cheese on top
- if desired.
This was really easy to make. I put the filling in a ziploc, and squeezed it into the noodles. I thought that it could use maybe some onions? The cheese was a good blend, even though I was a little nervous about the cottage cheese. My whole family ate it up, and liked it. My husband and I agreed it tasted like something we could buy at a restaurant. Will make it again!!