1/6 Photos of Cheese-Stuffed Hot Dogs With Spicy Onions - Rachael Ray
From Everyday with Rachael Ray Mag, March 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 franks
- 2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo, plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Make a slit lengthwise down each frank, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- 3Place the grill seasoning and franks in a plastic bag; shake to coat.
- 4Place the franks on a baking sheet and stuff each with 2 or 3 strips of cheese.
- 5In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the brown sugar, chipotle, adobo sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- 6Butter the insides of the buns and place up on the baking sheet with the franks. Broil until the cheese melts and the buns are toasted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Assemble the hot dogs and top with the caramelized onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese-Stuffed Hot Dogs With Spicy Onions - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.6
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 860.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick grill seasoning
chipotle chiles in adobo