- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onions in oil until soft.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Cream the butter, thyme and Tabasco.
- Spread on both halves of bread.
- Lay onion on the bottom half and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with other bread half.
- Wrap with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes in pre-heated oven.
- Slice and serve.