Recipe by Barb in WNY
I found this very good. I made this when my son was dating a girl who did not eat meat.
- 12 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 12 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, cook green onions and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and pepper.
- Continue cooking until sauce boils; reduce heat to low and continue cooking about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip each tortilla into sauce.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of cheese on each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla around filling.
- Place seam side down in a 13x9-inch baking pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.