Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Many of us are familiar with peppers roasted on the grill. This recipe takes it a step further by stuffing the peppers with cheese to make a delicious appetizer or side dish. This recipe comes from The Vegetarian Grill by Andrea Chesman. I highly recommend this cookbook for vegetarians and non vegetarians alike. I haven't tried a bad recipe yet. NOTE: Cooking includes standing times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On a medium-hot grill, roast the peppers or chiles, turning occasionally, until completely charred (about 10 minutes).
- 2Place charred peppers in a paper or plastic bag to steam for a further 10 minutes to loosen the skins.
- 3Peel peppers, then cut a slit down the length of each and remove the seeds & membranes.
- 4Stuff each pepper with the cheese.
- 5Secure with toothpicks to hold the peppers closed.
- 6Using heavy foil, wrap the peppers so that a packet is formed that will hold in any juices.
- 7Grill the packet until heated through (about 10 minutes).
- 8Allow packet to cool for 5 minutes. This will give the cheese time to harden us and make the peppers easier to handle.
- 9Remove toothpicks and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 327.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 16.1 g