Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Many of us are familiar with peppers roasted on the grill. This recipe takes it a step further by stuffing the peppers with cheese to make a delicious appetizer or side dish. This recipe comes from The Vegetarian Grill by Andrea Chesman. I highly recommend this cookbook for vegetarians and non vegetarians alike. I haven't tried a bad recipe yet. NOTE: Cooking includes standing times.
- On a medium-hot grill, roast the peppers or chiles, turning occasionally, until completely charred (about 10 minutes).
- Place charred peppers in a paper or plastic bag to steam for a further 10 minutes to loosen the skins.
- Peel peppers, then cut a slit down the length of each and remove the seeds & membranes.
- Stuff each pepper with the cheese.
- Secure with toothpicks to hold the peppers closed.
- Using heavy foil, wrap the peppers so that a packet is formed that will hold in any juices.
- Grill the packet until heated through (about 10 minutes).
- Allow packet to cool for 5 minutes. This will give the cheese time to harden us and make the peppers easier to handle.
- Remove toothpicks and serve warm.