Recipe by Chris from Kansas
My kids love the pizza that has the cheese in the crust. Here's how to make it at home.
Top Review by Randi M.
I made this on 15 3/4 inch pan and used 2 cans of pizza dough. I also used the mozzarella cheddar sticks for the stuffed crust. I sprinkled on some basil and parsley with minced garlic for added flavor. I used a litlle olive oil brushed on the stuffed crust. My family loved the pizza and I would definitely make it again maybe trying other combinations. Very easy and tasty too.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canrefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 7 (1 ounce) mozzarella string cheese (sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 24 slices pepperoni (from 3.5 oz pkg)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll dough; place in sprayed pan. Starting at center, press out dough to edge of pan, pressing up and extending over sides by at least 1 inch. Place string cheese around inside edge of crust. Fold extended edge of dough over cheese; pinch firmly to seal.
- Bake at 425 for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is set and edges are light golden brown.
- Removed partially baked crust from oven. Spoon sauce evenly over crust. Top with pepperoni and italian cheese blend.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 12 to 16 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese in center is melted. Cut into wedges.