Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My kids love the pizza that has the cheese in the crust. Here's how to make it at home.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canrefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 7 (1 ounce) mozzarella string cheese (sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 24 slices pepperoni (from 3.5 oz pkg)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Heat oven to 425. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll dough; place in sprayed pan. Starting at center, press out dough to edge of pan, pressing up and extending over sides by at least 1 inch. Place string cheese around inside edge of crust. Fold extended edge of dough over cheese; pinch firmly to seal.
- Bake at 425 for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is set and edges are light golden brown.
- Removed partially baked crust from oven. Spoon sauce evenly over crust. Top with pepperoni and italian cheese blend.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 12 to 16 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese in center is melted. Cut into wedges.
I made this on 15 3/4 inch pan and used 2 cans of pizza dough. I also used the mozzarella cheddar sticks for the stuffed crust. I sprinkled on some basil and parsley with minced garlic for added flavor. I used a litlle olive oil brushed on the stuffed crust. My family loved the pizza and I would definitely make it again maybe trying other combinations. Very easy and tasty too.
Very easy to make and very delicious!
we had to make the pizza dough ourselves, and we found a way to turn it into a deep pan,but although we had tried to make a stuff crust pizza previously, this one was far better and from now on every friday this is the stuff crust method that we will be using, thankyou for sharing!