Recipe by Rachel Potachel
Adapted from Deleites de la Cocina Mexicana by Maria Luisa Urdaneta.
Top Review by mama smurf
DH and I really enjoyed this recipe. Definately going into my Mexican cookbook. Made as written only cutting the recipe in half. Served with recipe#300679#300679, recipe#512668#512668, Spanish rice and homemade salsa. Wonderful meal. Thank you. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 6 anaheim chilies, roasted and peeled with seeds removed and stems still attached
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic, jalapeños, and tomato in butter until onions are soft.
- Add the milk and salt and stir.
- Heat until the milk is scalded.
- Turn heat to low, and add cheese slowly, stirring until melted.
- Make a slit along one side of each Anaheim chile and stuff it with 4 Tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- Warm in the oven.
- Divide into 6 portions and serve.