Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was clipped from a magazine called "First".
- 2 (1 ounce) mozzarella string cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Cut cheese sticks in half crosswise.
- Pound chicken breasts lightly to even thickness.
- Sprinkle the rough side of each breast with sage, salt and pepper.
- Roll each seasoning inside, around a cheese stick, tucking in the ends so cheese won't leak out and secure with tooth picks.
- Wrap in a strip of bacon and put in a roasting pan.
- Bake until chicken is coked through and bacon is browned, about 15 minutes.