Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve with salad and linguine--drizzled with garlic-infused heated olive oil. Bon appetit!
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 tablespoons dry garlic and herb seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded gruyere cheese (or your favorite)
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Coat a shallow roasting pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg with the salt and pepper.
- Place 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut a pocket into the thickest portion of each breast half; separate the pockets, one by one, and fill each with 2 Tbsp. of the cheese mixture.
- Smooth the outside edge of each breast to seal.
- Dip the stuffed breasts, one at a time, into the egg, then the breadcrumbs, lightly pressing the crumbs into the chicken; place in the roasting pan.
- Brush the chicken with a little bit of additional olive oil.
- Bake until crispy, browned, and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork, 20-25 minutes.