Recipe by Lisa Gay
Baked chicken breasts with cheese in the middle. Easy and quick. Fix it, put it in to bake. Run your errands, take a relaxing shower, or whatever you want to do for 45 minutes, and it will be steamy and delicious and ready to eat when you are done! Serve over rice or pasta.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (lite is fine)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 slices asiago cheese (or substitute the cheese you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the soup, seasonings, sour cream and milk. This is where you can play with the seasonings a little bit. You can add or delete whatever you like. Set this mixture aside while you prepare the chicken.
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts. Cut a pocket in each one and place a piece of cheese inside the pocket.
- Lay the breast in a single layer in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spary.
- Pour the soup mixture over the top of the chicken being sure to cover each breast entirely.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 40-45 minute or until the chicken is done all the way through. Serve over pasta or rice. We like it over cheese tortelini.