Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good protien source for Gastric bypass patients.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half (4)
- 3⁄4 ounce part-skim mozzarella cheese (3x1x1/8 inch slices)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Rinse chicken, pat dry.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a small pocket in the thickest side of each chicken breast half.
- Insert a mozzarella cheese slice in each pocket.
- In a small mixing bowl beat egg white slightly.
- In another bowl stir together flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, paprika, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg white.
- Then, coat with flour mixture.
- Spray a 10x6x2 inch-baking dish with nonstick coating.
- Arrange chicken in dish.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Very tasty. Made this awhile back and will be making again tonight. As always, I added a couple more spices but just enough cheese as listed. Thanks for the great and EASY recipe!
This has been a family favorite of ours for years!
Very, very yummy! If you like cheese you can put in as much as you'd like!