Recipe by Lennie
Found on the net in response to a request.
Top Review by Bergy
Delicious Burger I love the hot chili pepper with the Jack Cheese. I did add raw sweet onions & Mushrooms to compliment the burger. I used the heel end of a loaf of French Bread. The Coriander enhaces the final taste Thanks Lennie for a super Saturday Night Burger
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 fresh hot chili pepper
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred the cheese, seed and chop the chile pepper; combine.
- Slice the tomato; set aside.
- Shape the beef into 8 thin patties, put 1/4 of the cheese mixture in the centre of 4 of the patties; top with remaining patties and pinch to seal.
- Toast the bread.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the hamburgers 6-8 minutes over medium heat for medium rare (I don't recommend cooking any ground meat to medium rare-- safety concerns-- but this is what the recipe states).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked hamburgers on the toast and top with tomato slices and coriander, then another slice of toast.