Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful appetizer for a party or potluck. Kind of like an Americanized fondue!
- 1 loaf round sourdough bread or 1 loaf rye bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice top off bread, clean out round.
- Reserve top and cut scooped out bread into cubes.
- Mix all ingredients and fill bread cavity.
- Wrap bread in foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile spread cubes on cookie sheet and crisp on lower rack uncovered about 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from foil, stir carefully.
- surround with toasted cubes to dip.
Tasty 'fondue'. I love melted mozzarella, the peppers softened up and the colours together were great. Thanks for posting.