Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Haven't tried this one yet. Sounds interesting!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 6 slices deli roast beef
- Preheat oven to 375 Spread 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- In large bowl, thoroughly combine egg, seasonings, ricotta cheese, parm cheese, 1/2 cup mozz cheese and 1/2 can onions.
- Spoon equal amounts of cheese mixture on 1 end of each beef slices. Roll up beef slices jelly roll style and arrange. seam side down, in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over beef rolls. Bake for 40 minutes or until heated through. Top beef rolls with remaining mozz and onions. Bake uncovered, 3 minutes longer.
This turned out really well! Next time, I'll cut out a bit of the sauce (it was a little too much for me) and broil at the end for crunchier onions. However, those are just tweaks, and everyone went back for seconds, so it was a very successful dish!