Recipe by roniandbeans
My family loves meatloaf but this is the one we come back to time and time again - it truly is delicious!
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packets Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheese, of your choice
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the beef, oatmeal, onion soup and eggs until well mixed.
- Take half of the mixture and form into an oval in the bottom of a roaster.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Form the rest of the beef mixture into and oval and press over the top, pressing the edges together to seal.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the top, just enough to cover.
- Bake covered at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Note: For a quick and easy side I put baby carrots and cut up red potatoes along the side of the meatloaf and let them all bake at the same time.