Recipe by FeelinYummy
Yummy meatballs from Foodnetwork's "Big Daddy's House" - These are really really yummy. The recipe calls for applewood smoked bacon but my grocery store didn't have that so I substituted with regular bacon.
Top Review by Baking Bunny
This was a fun idea to change up traditional meat balls. The amount of pepper really killed the flavor, though. In the future I would 1/4 or even omit the pepper because of how over powering it was. Another note is that I didn't have the cheese balls, but I did mix some shredded mozzarella into the meat and it worked just fine.
- 8 -10 slices apple-smoked bacon
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon beef stock
- 8 -10 bite-size fresh mozzarella cheese balls
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the bacon slices on a sheet pan. Put in the oven and bake until crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan to a cutting board and chop. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, Worcestershire, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, black pepper, stock and the chopped bacon.
- Form portions of the meat around the mozzarella to make smooth balls. Arrange the meatballs on a sheet pan with a rack and bake until thoroughly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with Pasta and Marinara Sauce.