Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Anyone can put a slice of cheese on top of a burger - but then it wouldn't be oozing out of the middle, would it? No, it would not! From kraftrecipes.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce, divided
- 4 slices amercan cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked and broken in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix meat and 2 tablespoons steak sauce; shape into 8 (1/4-inch thick) patties. Fold each slice of cheese into quarters; place on 4 patties. Top with remaining patties; pinch edges together to seal.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done (160°F), placingbuns, cut-side down, on grill grate the last 2 minutes.
- Fill buns with lettuce, burgers, remaining steak sauce and bacon.
- KRAFT KITCHEN'S TIPS:.
- SPECIAL EXTRA: Cut 1 red pepper into 1/2-inch wide strips; grill with patties 5 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender and lightly charred. Add to sandwiches with bacon.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with fresh fruit and baked chips to round out the meal.