Recipe by *OzMan*
Posted this for a friend of mine, who likes artichokes and has a cheese fetish! :) Hopefully she, as well as some others will try it and enjoy this.
Top Review by Just Cher
Ok I admit on cheated on making this recipe. I used a can of Artichoke bottoms (not marinaded) and cut this recipe to almost a 4th. I then prepared the rest of the ingredients and filled the bottoms which makes a very pretty presentation. I loved the addition of the tarragon it gave it a very interesting flavor. I will definitely be making these again! Super recipe Oz. Thanks!
- 8 artichokes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed tarragon
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash artichokes, cut tips of leaves off, remove thistle with teaspoon and reserve artichokes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in flour and continue until flour is completely absorbed.
- Stir in milk.
- Whisk in tarragon and cheese.
- Blend in egg yolks.
- Fold beaten egg whites into mixture and spoon into artichokes filling each one.
- Place the artichokes in a buttered baking dish and bake at 375 deg.
- for 20-25 minutes, or until puffed.
- Serve immediately.