Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Had these at my wedding reception and they were a hit. Be sure to mix all ingredients by hand. A mixer will not work.
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Directions: Cream butter and cheese.
- Add flour and salt and pepper.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Shape into strips with cookie press and bake at 350 until slightly browned, approximately 15 minutes.
This is a great recipe! The dough was not sticking, so I added an egg and a little bit of water, and it made a nice dough. I also used chili powder instead of red pepper. Next time I will mix in a little bit of turkey sausage or have them with soup. Thanks for posting!!
These are great little snacks. I love the kick of the pepper. Thanks for submitting this great recipe.