Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are great for when company "drops" in, they are great because they can be frozen and thrown into the oven when you need them.
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, creamed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Roll out into a thin sheet.
- Cut into narrow strips, 4 inches long.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Straws can be frozen before baking.
This is the same as the recipe my Mom gave me- except I use spicy cheese, and add an egg. I also use a pizza cutter to make things easier. It's hard to not eat the whole batch myself!