Recipe by macy0611
These are old fashioned cheese straws...they are great munchies.
Top Review by upscalegirl
They were great, and very easy to make. I added a little salt, too. I mixed the dough in a food processer, and added 2T water at the end to get a more workable dough. Not having a cookie press, I pressed the dough out onto wax paper and cut it into thin strips with a pizza cutter.
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups plain flour
- 10 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese (I use Cracker Barrel Brand)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate cheese, add butter and allow butter and cheese to reach room temp.
- Add cayenne pepper (careful its hot) and flour, and work together with hands until well blended.
- Put dough through a cookie press in desired shapes and bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.