Recipe by Jennifer Beckwith
A savoury, cheesy biscuit, good for dips and other savoury platters. This is family favourite recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3 ounces strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 ounces butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Add the grated cheese, salt and Cayenne Pepper and mix well.
- Add the butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs Add the beaten Egg yolk and a little water to form a stiff paste.
- Roll out until 1/4" thick and cut narrow strips about 4" long.
- Roll out the trimmings stamp out some rings.
- Bake in hot oven (about 450F), until golden brown.
- Once cool, serve with a few"Straws" inserted into each"Ring".