Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Savory rolled and baked cracker.
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In food processor fitted with grating blade, grate cheese. Switch to cutting blade and add flour, butter, mustard powder, salt, and peppers. Pulse until dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface; divide into 4 equal pieces. roll each piece unto ropes about 3/8 inch in diameter; cut rope into six 3 inch pieces. Place pieces 1 inch apart on a baking sheet. Drag the tines of a fork down each straw to create ridges.
- Bake until golden and firm to touch, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.