Recipe by Dib's
These are a "must have on hand" Southern Classic, one of the many "pick-ups."
Top Review by Jangomango
Oh, my. These were inhaled by a group of teenagers within about 10 minutes so I have no idea how well they store. I'll take your word for it! Wonderful taste and excellent directions. I'm glad I got top quality parmesan cheese. Whatever flavour the cheese has is enhanced by the cooking process, and I think that cheap imitation-type parmesan cheese would ruin a good thing. Thanks - great recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb imported parmesan cheese, very finely grated
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup butter, at room temp
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 3 baking sheets.
- Beat the cheeses and butter together until VERY smooth-no chunks.
- Mix in flour, salt and cayenne.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick on a floured board.
- Color should be uniform.
- With a sharp knife or pastry wheel cut dough into 3/4 inch wide and 3 1/2 inch long strips.
- Place on cookie sheet, not touching.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Watch carefully, you dont want them to brown.
- Remove and cool on a rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container for 1 week at room temp or 3 months in the freezer (any longer and they taste stale).