Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Can't wait to try these! From The Great Country Inns of America Cookbook.
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F; convection oven to 300°F.
- In a food processor, blend the Cheddar cheese.
- Add shortening and butter and blend again.
- Add cayenne and water and blend again.
- Add parmesan cheese, then add the flour and baking powder, one third at a time, blending for a few seconds between each addition.
- Stuff a cookie press with the dough and using a star tip, push the dough out into daisies, 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons each onto large cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.