No matter where I've worked I've found friends to share food and recipes with. This one is from my Tennessee years and was prepared for an office brunch by my co-worker Rose. Although a basic strata recipe, the addition of Cream of Asparagus soup gives it a unique flavor. It is delicious as written but feel free to add steamed veggies like asparagus or broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, diced ham....the sky is the limit! This is wonderful with a fruit salad or fruit compote.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- 3Remove the crusts from bread and cut 4 of the slices into quarters.
- 4Place the quartered bread on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- 5Pour the melted butter over the bread.
- 6Sprinkle the cheese over the bread slices.
- 7Crumble the remaining bread over the cheese layer.
- 8In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of asparagus soup, milk, eggs, salt and dry mustard; pour over the crumbled bread.
- 9Cover and refrigerate over night or at least 2 hours.
- 10Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Strata
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.0 mg
- Sodium 780.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 13.3 g