1/2 Photos of Cheese Strata
This is an easy breakfast dish-great to make ahead for rushed mornings as it can be refrigerated overnight. Almost any chopped vegetable or meat can be added; just add before the cheese layer. If you're feeding a crowd, just double and use a 9x13 pan. This is adapted from a Mennonite cookbook, More-with-Less.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Arrange half the bread in a buttered 2 1/2 quart baking dish or 8x8 pan.
- 2Drizzle half the melted butter over the bread.
- 3If adding veggies or meat layer those on next.
- 4Cover with the shredded cheese.
- 5Top with remaining bread and drizzle remaining butter over.
- 6In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs and seasonings.
- 7Pour over the bread.
- 8Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
- 9Can be refrigerated unbaked up to 1 day.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Strata
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.9
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 206.9 mg
- Sodium 1055.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 23.1 g