Cheese steak lasagna style! A tossed salad and a loaf of Italian bread.If you want spicy use spicy veelveta cheese. Top with a couple sliced jalapenos.
- 8 Steak-ums
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, cooked according to directions on package
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups pasta sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced and if you want seeds removed to calm the heat
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- black pepper
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- In olive oil, sauté garlic until it begins to brown; add onions, peppers, and mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add tomato sauce, chipotle pepper, basil, oregano,parsley, pepper and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In nonstick pan, cook steaks until no longer pink, chopping with utensil as you cook. When done, set aside on plate covered with paper towels. When cooled chop.
- In bowl, mix together velveeta cheese, egg, and parmesan cheese until combined.
- Coat the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce. Place 4 lasagna noodles over the sauce. Spread about 1/4 of cheese mixture evenly over the pasta, then spread layer of tomato sauce over ricotta. Place a layer of Steak-umm sandwich steaks slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 of mozzarella. Repeat process again two more times starting with lasagna noodles. Top with pasta sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish top with parsley flakes if desired. Bake in 350 degree oven about 40 minutes or until bubbling. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve.