Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
My daughter's favorite meal and one we all look forward to. The meat can be fried up a head of time and refrigerated until needed. Then just assemble and broil as directed.
- 8 -10 sandwich steaks, broken into 1 inch wide strips (I use Philly Gourmet)
- 4 steak rolls
- 4 -6 slices white American cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- bell pepper, fried and canned (optional)
- onion, fried (optional)
- Fry sandwich steaks in frying pan, stirring often.
- When no longer pink, move to a plate lined with several paper towels.
- Use more paper towels to press on them to help drain the excess grease.
- On a baking sheet, lay steak or hoagie buns open flat.
- Place sandwich steak strips on both halves.
- Top sandwich steak with white American cheese and then provolone cheese.
- Place under broiler about 5-6 minutes or until cheese has melted and it starting to brown.
- Top with peppers and/or onions, if desired, and mayonnaise.
This has become one of my DH favorite meals. This is very easy to put together and delicious. I alway fry my steak-ums and then put them on a hamburger roll. This is a very nice change and not that much harder. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe. We will be making this often. Update: 11/14/07 I made these and added fried mushrooms to my sandwich, very good!