Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got the inspiration for this recipe from another recipe here, but I ended up changing so many things, it turned into a different dish. My kids loved this.
- Start with putting the water on for cooking the pasta and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the peppers and onion.
- Saute the green pepper in the olive oil for 3 minutes, add the onion and saute for another 3 minutes (add the optional mushrooms here and cook additional 1-2 minutes) or until soft.
- Put the pasta on to cook if water is boiling.
- Add the ground beef to the peppers and onions and continue cooking until it's not pink. Add some salt and pepper to this mixture to taste. (I added 1/2 tsp ea.).
- Drain the pasta and put in a greased casserole.
- Add the soup and sour cream to the pasta and combine.
- Add the hamburger mix and the cheddar cheese, reserving 1/2 c for the top, and combine thoroughly. Sprinkle the reserved cheese on the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.