Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got the inspiration for this recipe from another recipe here, but I ended up changing so many things, it turned into a different dish. My kids loved this.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 1 green pepper, large, chopped
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb rotelle pasta, cooked
- Start with putting the water on for cooking the pasta and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the peppers and onion.
- Saute the green pepper in the olive oil for 3 minutes, add the onion and saute for another 3 minutes (add the optional mushrooms here and cook additional 1-2 minutes) or until soft.
- Put the pasta on to cook if water is boiling.
- Add the ground beef to the peppers and onions and continue cooking until it's not pink. Add some salt and pepper to this mixture to taste. (I added 1/2 tsp ea.).
- Drain the pasta and put in a greased casserole.
- Add the soup and sour cream to the pasta and combine.
- Add the hamburger mix and the cheddar cheese, reserving 1/2 c for the top, and combine thoroughly. Sprinkle the reserved cheese on the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.