Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A game twist on the Philly Cheese Steak.
- 5 ounces venison, back strap
- 2 slices red onions
- 3 ounces grated Italian cheese, mix (provolone, mozzarella, parmesan, asiago, romano)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 whole wheat baguette
- 2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
- Slice the meat as thinly as possible. If using a knife instead of a slicer, it helps to have the meat only partially thawed.
- Cut onion slices into quarters and separate the pieces.
- Thoroughly brown the meat and onions on a griddle, moving them constantly.
- Split the baguette open like a hot dog bun and fill with the meat and onions and salt.
- Cover with the cheese.
- Place in a microwave on high for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted.