Recipe by LynnL
These light, cheesy biscuits are a perfect addition to warm soups or crisp salads. Cookie cutters provide countless shape possibilities.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (salted)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded asiago cheese or 2 1⁄2 cups gruyere or 2 1⁄2 cups fontina or 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Using electric mixer beat together.
- butter, Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Using wooden spoon, stir in remaining ingredients. Divide dough into thirds; wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough, 1 piece at a time, until ¼” (2cm) thick. Using star shaped cookie cutter cut out stars; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in center of oven for about 15 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool on pan on racks.