Recipe by wife2abadge
Creamy, filling, and delicious -- perfect for Fridays during Lent!
Top Review by flower7
This was excellent! I wasn't sure what to do with the other 1 c shredded cheese so put it on top. Added frozen chopped spinach (thawed) for extra nutrition and a few chopped green onions into the cheese mixture. Used cheddar-jack cheese instead of mozzarella (what I had on hand). Was not hot through after 30 minutes but heated my portion in microwave and it was fine. Thanks for the yummy dinner!
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 16 ounces low-fat sour cream, divided
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon ripe olives, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 1/2 c sour cream, 2 c mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and green chilies.
- Grease bottom and sides of a deep-dish pie plate or small round baking dish.
- Place one tortilla in pie plate and cover with 1/3 of cheese mixture.
- Repeat the layers, ending with a tortilla.
- Bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes, or until cheeses melt and begin to bubble out from between the tortillas.
- Remove from oven and garnish the top with olives, scallions, and tomatoes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with remaining sour cream.