Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are like little cheesecake squares with a crumbly topping. I have been making these for a good many years and we all love them. This is for an 8" square pan. If you want a 9"x13" pan, you will have to double the recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix to crumbly; reserve 1 cup for the top.
- Press the rest into and 8" square pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- CHEESE BATTER:.
- With an electric mixer, blend the sugar and cream cheese till smooth.
- Add the egg, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Spread over the baked crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cup of crumb.
- Bake at 350 degres for 25 minutes.
- Cut when cool.