Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These appetizers are so good! The best part is you can make them ahead and freeze them and bake them frozen!
- In mixing bowl, cream butter, cheese spread and egg until smooth.
- Stir in chilies, salsa and cheddar cheese.
- Spread about 1 tbsp of cheese mixture on each slice of 1 loaf of bread.
- Top with remaining bread, spread with more cheese mixture.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 squares, place on a greased baking sheet.
- At this point, you can either bake them fresh or freeze and bake later.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- To freeze, place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from the baking sheet and store in an airtight container in freezer.
- To bake frozen, place squares on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Mark, these are wonderful. I made them like your directions said. The Old English Cheese gives these appetizers a sharper, cheese flavor than using all Cheddar. They were spicy and full of flavor without being too hot. They were a big hit and voted a "must return" food. Family will get their wish since I froze a batch too. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Really a winner. I could not get Kraft Old English so I used McLaren's Imperial cheese, used fresh Jalapenos and made the appetizers single layer When you bake these they come out all bubbly and nicely browned - Thanks Mark from Yooperland, from myself and my future guests
Just made these for my holiday party and had to try one in oven.........WONDERFUL! My only issue with recipe is should you cook prior to freezing, or freeze first? I'm taking a chance and freezing them first....will try to remember to add to post after the party....Thanks, Yoop!