- 3⁄4 lb sliced American cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice up american cheese ande put in medium sized heavy saucepan.
- Add the salt, milk, dry mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat when cheese is melted.
- Quickly stir in egg yolks until well blended.
- Return to heat for about 1 minute or until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour into a container and leave uncovered until cool.
- Cover and put in refrigerator.
- Makes about 2 cups.