1/1 Photo of Cheese Spinach Souffle
Phil Franco's Note:
A new way to serve spinach! Cook in 6 individual soufflé dishes or one 2 quart casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup jarlsberg cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2White Sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour and heat until bubbly. About 3 minutes.
- 3Gradually add milk or cream, stirring constantly; cook 2-3 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
- 5Turn off heat and stir egg yolks and onion into sauce, along with spinach and cheese.
- 6Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Gently fold into spinach mixture and turn into greased 2 qt casserole.
- 7Set in pan of hot water and bake about 20 minutes for individual soufflés and 30-40 minutes for the 2-quart dish.
- 8Makes about 6 -1 cup servings.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Spinach Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.9
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 273.0 mg
- Sodium 535.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 18.2 g