Recipe by Sharon123
When I had this at our local Mexican restaraunt, I enjoyed it so much that I recreated it at home and I think this is a good likeness!This is pure comfort food to me! Feel free to experiment with this recipe! makes 2 for a main dish, 8 for appetizers
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I collect quesadilla recipes but have not run across anything like these. They were fabulous and very easy to make. I used a colby-jack cheese blend. I served them with homemade salsa and refried beans. Made a delicious light supper for me and my husband. Thanks.
- 4 flour tortillas (( like whole grain)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 295.73 ml monterey jack cheese (or more to taste) or 295.73 ml monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, grated (or more to taste)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, chopped (about 3/4 cup when cooked)
- garlic salt
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet and place a tortilla on it.
- Add half of the cheese to the tortilla.
- On top of the cheese, add half of the green onion and spinach.
- Sprinkle with half the garlic salt and chili powder.
- Top with another tortilla, turn over and fry in skillet until the cheese melts.
- Slice into quarters (or 1/8's for appetizers) and serve hot.
- Repeat with next 2 tortillas.
- Good served with salsa and sour cream!
- This would be great served with guacamole on lettuce and refried beans or/and rice.