Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
When I had this at our local Mexican restaraunt, I enjoyed it so much that I recreated it at home and I think this is a good likeness!This is pure comfort food to me! Feel free to experiment with this recipe! makes 2 for a main dish, 8 for appetizers
- 4 flour tortillas (( like whole grain)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups monterey jack cheese (or more to taste) or 1 1⁄4 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, grated (or more to taste)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, chopped (about 3/4 cup when cooked)
- garlic salt
- chili powder
- Melt butter in a skillet and place a tortilla on it.
- Add half of the cheese to the tortilla.
- On top of the cheese, add half of the green onion and spinach.
- Sprinkle with half the garlic salt and chili powder.
- Top with another tortilla, turn over and fry in skillet until the cheese melts.
- Slice into quarters (or 1/8's for appetizers) and serve hot.
- Repeat with next 2 tortillas.
- Good served with salsa and sour cream!
- This would be great served with guacamole on lettuce and refried beans or/and rice.
I collect quesadilla recipes but have not run across anything like these. They were fabulous and very easy to make. I used a colby-jack cheese blend. I served them with homemade salsa and refried beans. Made a delicious light supper for me and my husband. Thanks.
This was Oh so delicious !!! So fast to make for our lunch too. I had sauteed quickly the spinach in a bit of butter and added the garlic salt and Mexican Chili powder into it along with some salt and pepper. I also had some black eyed peas left from another recipe and added them. I used a mix of the Monterey Jack and Sharp Cheddar and it was a really great flavor. I think when I make this again though I will not flip it in the pan I will pop in the oven for just a bit, only cause some insides came out when I flipped it. But it was scrumptious with some guacamole and sour cream. A definite keeper.... Thanks for sharing your recipe Sharon. Made in memory of Sharon's DH
These are sooooooooooooo addicting!!! I had them for lunch 2 days in a row now.. and I think I want them again!!! lol Instead of green onions I used regular onion, as I ran out of green onions making another recipe *ack!*.. but they were SOOO good with regular onion (I sauted the onion before adding to the tortilla!). YUM YUM YUM!!! Thanks Sharon.. this is something I will make OFTEN!!! Great with guacamole and refried beans. I didnt use lettuce as I felt it overpowered the flavor of the spinach.. :-) Thanks again!!!! Keep these great recipes coming sharon!