Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in a local newspaper years ago, originally entitled "Italian Rustica Pie." I made a few changes based on my family's preferences. It's a one-dish meal, but not low cal!
- 2 pie crusts
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces provolone cheese
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- Prepare pie crusts either from your own recipe or using pre-made crusts from the grocery store.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, slightly beat 3 eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon filling mixture into piecrust-lined pan. Top with second crust and flute edges. Cut slits in top to vent.
- May brush top crust with a beaten egg and sprinkle with an additional tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake on lowest rack for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.